25 Oct Pork sausage and fennel salad
Pork sausage and fennel salad
A fresh take on sausage, this salad is healthy and indulgent all at the same time! Familiar flavours are used in a whole new way in this salad, resulting in a gourmet experience in your own home. Don’t forget the blue cheese!
- 2 red onions cut into rounds
- 1 fennel bulb cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- 8 small pork sausage links
- 6 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, toss the onions and fennel with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and some seasoning.
- Grill the vegetables and sausages, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the sausages are cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the grilled vegetables with the spinach, vinegar, extra olive oil, and season to taste.
- Divide the salad among bowls and top with the sausage and the blue cheese desired.